If you want this new year to bear new fruit for you, then you’ll have to do things much differently than what you did last year. With that being said, here are 15 quotes that you’ll have to understand and implement in your life so that you can have a fruitful year.
1. “Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher” Oprah Winfrey
Think about the company you keep and interact with on a daily basis, are they pushing you towards achieving your higher self or are they pushing you towards mediocrity? Don’t be afraid of cutting people off who are distracting you from achieving your goals this year.
2. “If you have a setback, don’t take a step back, get ready for a comeback!” Tim Storey
Even if it looks like you have failed, don’t allow what happened to you to paralyse you and to stop you from getting back up again. Always remember that falling is a part of life but getting back up is a sure sign that you will win, eventually.
3. “Self-confidence is the characteristic of someone who keeps promises they make to themselves. Consistently keep promises you make to yourself” Ed Mylett
The success you desire to have is on the other side of you keeping your word to yourself. You said you were going to create that revolutionary business system or start that YouTube channel or write that book, but until you honour your word, you won’t experience any results.
4. “The challenge of the unknown future is so much more exciting than the stories of the accomplished past” Simon Sinek
Take the leap of faith this year even if you don’t know where it will all end up. One thing is for sure, you can either continue doing what you have done and you will have what you have always had or you can take a leap of faith into something new and have new things.
5. “Excellence isn’t an act, it’s a habit” Quincy Jones
Consistency helps us to build habits both good and bad ones. If you were to focus on doing one percent better in your business or life each day then overtime your efforts will compound and the results will be indicative of that. Do your best to give and to do one percent more each day.
6. “The best feeling in the world is seeing the benefits and rewards of hard work” Kevin Hart
The truth is that these benefits come in the long-term, that’s why a lot of people quit. You cannot override the universal principle of seed, time and harvest. You have to be patient when putting in the work otherwise you’ll abandon it too early.
7. “Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today” Jordan Peterson
It’s so easy to feel worthless and worth less when you look at someone else’s achievements which are bigger than yours. You need to know that you cannot compete with anyone, and no one can compete with you because you’re a one-of-one so aim to be better than your former-self only.
8.“Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument” Archbishop Desmond Tutu
Striving to know as much as possible about any given problem is the best way to dissolve any arguments or conflicts. The more knowledge you have the easier the decision becomes.
9. “Motivation, backed by good planning and correct action leads to success” Aliko Dangote
Success doesn’t just happen because you work hard. There’s always a process to success and each step is as important as the next. Without motivation, what will push you to act on your desires? Without a plan how will you know where to focus your energy? Without action, how will you get any results?
10. “You have good days, you have bad days, but the main thing is to grow mentally” Floyd Mayweather
Challenges will always come your way, and you will fail many times, accept that. The most important thing here is that you strive to grow through life’s challenges by constantly learning through the good and bad days and implementing what you have learned which results in personal growth.
11. “No amount of anxiety makes any difference to anything that is going to happen” Alan Watts
There are many inevitabilities in life, failure is just one of them which no matter how hard you try, it cannot be avoided. Instead of being anxious at the probability of failing at any given thing, why not accept that you will fail? You will come to find that there’s just as much to learn from failing as there is from succeeding.
12. “I just think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?” Robert Downey Jr.
Confidence is currency, can you imagine flying to Atlanta and right before take-off the pilot speaks over the intercom telling the passengers that he’s not confident he can fly safely today. I think you would run out of the plane! Confidence means that you believe in your ability to make something happen, be confident and the rest will fall into place.
13. “Money has no grey areas. You either make it or lose it” Kevin O’Leary
The subject of money is something that has been so stigmatised that some people feel uncomfortable talking about it. This creates a society that is almost clueless about the ins and outs of money. You don’t have to live a financially mediocre life, learn as much as possible about finances and apply what you’ve learned into your life. You won’t regret it.
14. “Never lower your target, increase your actions” Grant Cardone
Most people lower their targets when they don’t achieve them, doing this can lower your self-efficacy and self-esteem. Instead of creating a habit of lowering your target, why not do more so that you can hit your target? It all boils down to how much you really want to achieve your set target, don’t quit until you get it.
15. “Everyday is one less day” Tom Ford
Each day is golden, it’s another opportunity to achieve your goals and to live a great life. Don’t waste your days by being stuck up on the negative things you have experienced or by being insecure and timid. If you need help moving forward in life, seek help. Each day is golden, it could be your last so spend it wisely.